Personal Information We May Collect
In the course of using the Site, we may collect, keep and process personal information from you. This includes:
- Contact details such as your name, postal and email addresses and a contact telephone number. This is collected when you create an account on the Site, if you contact us by sending us an email or filling in a form on the Site, or if you place an order.
- Payment details (such as debit/credit card details), when you place an order.
- Records of any correspondence between you and us.
- Details of orders placed by you through the Site and details of any resulting contracts.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
It is possible to view the Site without providing personal details. However, without providing your details, you will not be able to receive further communications from us, place orders or use other Site functionality. You must ensure that any personal information you provide is true, accurate and complete. It is also your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your personal information so that we can ensure our records are complete and up-to-date. We will never ask you to confirm any personal details, login details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraud.
Other Information Collected by Us
Whenever you browse the Site, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the device you use to access the Site. This information does not include your identity even if certain data such as your IP address may be considered in certain countries such as France as identifying you indirectly. However, if you have logged into an account on the Site at the time that we record this information, we will be able to match these details back to you. The information includes:
- The date and time you access the Site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on the Site and how long you were on the Site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be the domain name of your internet services providers such as BT.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (a number assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web) which allows you to access the Site.
- The web browser you use and your device's operating system.
- The site you were on before you linked to the Site (for example, Google).
Your consent will be sought as and where required by applicable law.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Making the Site available for you and delivering to you the functions, products and services offered through the Site;
- Processing any orders that you submit through the Site, and performing our obligations under any contracts which may result from those orders;
- Information you provide in response to surveys may be used for market research;
- If you have consented to receive marketing communications, we may contact you to inform you about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Helping us to understand what products and services our customers like or may wish to receive, to improve our existing products and services and to develop new products and services; and
- Details of your visits to the Site may be used to help us understand how users use the Site, to analyse the effectiveness of campaigns, to optimise the Site and to help us improve the Site and our products and services generally.
Storage of Personal Information
Disclosures of Information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties in connection with the purposes described above in the "How we use your information" section:
- our affiliated or associated companies;
- third parties who provide products and services to us or on our behalf, for example, contractors used to host, operate and maintain the Site on our behalf or to process and fulfil orders that you place with us and to take payments for these orders;
- to the extent permitted by local applicable law, credit reference agencies such as Experian, and other providers of financial or transaction service in connection with the processing of transactions and for fraud screening;
- any organisation that we appoint to handle email or other direct marketing communications;
- any other third party, if this is reasonably required in order to assist you with any enquiry, or to process or fulfil the purchase of any order that you have submitted via the Site.
Where you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to selected companies to enable them to market their goods or services to you then we may also provide your information to these companies who will themselves act as data controllers for the information they receive. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- if we wish to sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the buyer or any prospective buyer of such business or assets under strict confidentiality rules;
- if we are under a legal duty to disclose your personal information; or
- if any applicable law otherwise permits us to do so. For example, the law generally permits us to disclose personal information for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, where necessary in connection with legal proceedings and for a number of other reasons.
We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with third parties. However, we will not provide information to them which allows them to identify individual visitors.