Why do top companies choose Zigbee?
When selecting the protocol to integrate into your products, there are many factors to keep in mind. Zigbee is one of the wireless technologies created as a global open standard to fulfil the unique requirements of low-power, low-cost wireless IoT networks. Zigbee enables the products to go into the most essential ecosystems, enter into the market easily, and get to the industry forefront. The Zigbee protocol is created to communicate data across noisy RF surroundings that are common in industrial and commercial applications.
What makes Zigbee a top choice?
Zigbee protocol enhances the flexibility and choice for developers and users and assures that services and products work together via standardization at all levels. This protocol involves testing, authorization, marketing and branding, support to ease the process of developing and selling interoperable solutions and products. It opens growth opportunities when driving advances to allow new capabilities at work, home, and on the go.
Zigbee is a high communication protocol that makes use of small low data rates and low-power digital radios built on IEEE 802.15.4 standards for wireless PAN (personal area networks) for instance, wireless headphones attaching with mobile phone through short-range radio. The technology is projected to be cheaper and simpler as compared to other WPANs like Bluetooth. This protocol is directed to RF (radio frequency) applications that need long battery life, low data rates, and secure networking.
Products compatible with Zigbee work with each Zigbee-certified connected business or home platform so that you can find the products that will work for you and will not bind you to a single retailer’s ecosystem. Alliance members from new to well-established brands have created Zigbee compatible products in each device category. Zigbee products are also compatible with present Zigbee devices and legacy profiles. They can communicate with other Zigbee products that are already installed in smart buildings and homes.
The main purpose of any system utilized in home automation is to decrease human effort by operating different appliances remotely. Zigbee offers many benefits in home automation such as:
• Lighting control: While executing the overall system of a wireless home automation system from start to end, lighting control plays a significant role. Zigbee protocol acts as an efficient system to provide wireless automation facility thanks to its low power requirements. With fast access facility, the lighting controls are attained easily.
• One app control: Zigbee network provides a system that can be incorporated as a single unit enabling all of them to regulate the lights, television sets, fans, security cameras, air conditioners, computer systems, audio/visual equipment, electronic doors, etc. and control any device that is plugged into a wall outlet.
• Single touch without hitches: Different devices and appliances can be operated and controlled with the help of Zigbee as per control parameters and requirements. The data to control the devices is sent through radio (ZigBee module) to the receiver and depending on this; relays will be regulated to control the devices.
• Multi-source products: Zigbee protocol consists of approx. 254 nodes which include one master device controlled by a single remote controller. Practical use of Zigbee involves home automation works like setting the security cameras, turning on and off the lights, and launching the VCR. You can perform all these tasks from anywhere in the building with a single touch of a button using the Zigbee protocol.
• ZigBee security attributes: Zigbee powers the security model of IEEE 802.15.4 MAC sub-layer specifying the security facilities like access control for appliances and devices to keep a series of trusted devices in data encryption and network.
• Suitable for low-powered devices: Zigbee is appropriate for low-powered appliances that don’t need high bandwidth like sensors, battery-operated smart devices, object tags, and many others.
• Internet of things: Zigbee offers an alternative to Wi-Fi technologies and Bluetooth as well as a Z-Wave network for creating PAN (personal area network) required for building and home automation and other smart systems.
• Compatibility: Devices and appliances from various manufacturers are compatible with each other and backward compatibility is also there with legacy Zigbee products that enable them to link and communicate with each other.
• Mesh Network: In contrast to Bluetooth and various other technologies which basically work as a point-to-point communication system, the Zigbee network works as a mesh networking just like Z-Wave, which makes it appropriate for creating smart buildings and homes.
• Expandable Range: It is worth noticing that the mesh network has better stability and expandable transmission range unlike single router WiFi and Bluetooth as individual nodes act as repeaters or wireless routers.
• Thousands of Nodes: Zigbee networking supports over 65000 nodes over a single network to further expand the transmission range on a large surface area, building with multiple floor levels or homes using different physical divisions.
Zigbee allows broad-based organization of wireless networks using low-power and low-cost solutions. It offers the facility to run for years on cheap batteries for control and monitoring applications. Smart grid, smart energy, lighting controls, AMR (Automatic Meter Reading), medical devices, fleet applications, HVAC control, tank monitoring, and building automation systems are some of the many areas where Zigbee protocol is making noteworthy advancements.
Why use Zigbee in your home?
Zigbee enables you to operate your world in your way. With Zigbee, you can easily monitor your home using devices that alert you from smoke, water leaks, carbon monoxide, and intruders. In addition to basic monitoring, Zigbee helps you enable automation that turns on the lights when you open the front door or close the shades when the sunlight hits the dining table while having dinner.
In contrast to classical hub systems where devices connect and communicate to a master controller, Zigbee devices make use of mesh networking technology that enables devices to communicate with each other. If one node or relay device fails, the device can connect with another relay device, so that the service continues uninterrupted.
Whether it is controlling your lights, opening your drapes, or testing your temperature, Zigbee products keep your home as you like it. Moreover, Zigbee Products eliminate the requirement for batteries, creating an energy-efficient and smart home.